Reader – PHP Book Database Social Site is a powerful PHP script that let’s you setup a social network about Books, Authors, Publishers and more! Your Book Database can then be viewed by your users and allow them to post reviews, discuss books and also create custom book lists. The product is very simple to install
and we offer great support. It’s powered by MYSQL and PHP with CodeIgniter, making it a very robust solution.
Test Drive Before You Buy
Demo Link: http://reader.patchesoft.com/
Demo Login Details:
Demo data resets every 30 minutes!
- Provide excellent support with a fast response rate.
- Patch and fix any bugs or broken content.
- Help get you setup and installed!
- Answer any questions you may have.
Don’t want to deal with the hassle of setting the system up? Check out our Services page for more details.
Reader is also very secure!
- Secure Database that uses prepared statements so no SQL Injection!
- Protects against CSRF attacks!
- HTML Filter to protect against XSS attacks!
- Built using the latest CodeIgniter Framework Version 3.1.9 that has been tried and tested by millions of developers.
- Passwords are encrypted using PHPass Library, standard bcrypt encryption.
- Captcha enabled pages to prevent spam!
- Optional account activation via email
- Brute Force protection on login
Full Feature List
User & Registration System
- Users can register for an account using the quick and easy register page.
- Captcha enabled registration page to prevent bots from spamming your site (can be disabled in Admin Panel
- Users can also register accounts using their Social Network accounts, making it even quicker to sign up to your site!
- Login System comes with a Forgotten Password page, to allow users to reset their password via email.
- Prevents spam by making sure the email address is unique and valid.
- Passwords are encrypted using PHPass library (bcrypt) to make sure your data is safe!
- Can disable registration from Admin Panel, as well as Social Login option.
- Brute Force Login Protection
- Account Activation Option
- Add unlimited Books to the system.
- Add Chapters, Characters, Quotes and News for each individual book.
- Add Authors, including uploading profile pictures, news section and biography.
- Add Unlimied Genres
- Add Book Series to group books together that are displayed on Book Page.
- Add Publishers
- Manage User Roles for who can add books in the Admin Side.
- Add different Book Formats.
- Add Books to a special Promoted List.
- Book Frontend allows your users to view the books you add to the system.
- Frontpage shows overall stats, newest books, latest reviews and discussions.
- Each Book has it’s own page, showing off data from the book including characters, chapters, reviews, quotes and more.
- Users can post their own reviews of each book and rate them out of 5 stars.
- Users can post their own reviews of chapters in each book and rate them out of 5 stars.
- Lists for Books including: Top Rated Books, Newest Books and Promoted Books.
- Lists for Authors including: Newest and Top Followed
Book Discussion Boards
- Each Book that you add has it’s own Discussion Board section.
- Logged in users can make Threads and posts.
- Posts can be moderated by users with the User Role Book Moderator.
- Threads can be locked.
User Lists and Follow System
- Users can create their own Book Lists to add books to.
- Add a book from the Book’s display page.
- Make User Lists public or Private; public ones are displayed on profiles.
- Users can Follow Authors from their Author page.
- The User’s Feed shows all news from Author’s you follow.
- View All Followers, User Reviews and User lists that they have created.
- User Settings page allows them to fill out their details, including upload an avatar, changing password etc.
- User Role system allows you to assign specific permissions to users.
- Set a default User Role in the Admin panel.
- Admins have access to all projects/sections of the site.
- Create custom User Roles in the Admin Panel.
- Create User Roles specifically for Clients so they don’t see more than they need to.
- Global Settings allow you to change site name, logo, enable registration, file upload types and more.
- Social Media Settings allow you to set if users can login with Facebook, Twitter, Google accounts.
- Book Settings allow you to turn off certain sections of the system.
- Manage all members easily; edit their usernames, passwords, emails, user roles.
- Add new members from Admin Panel.
- User Roles allow you to create custom roles that have unique permissions.
- User Groups allow you to group users together.
- IP Blocking allows you to prevent users from logging in with certain IP addresses.
- Easy translate the entire system by modifying our translation files (just 3 to edit!)
- Allow users to switch between a language of their choice using our unique Language Switcher.
- Supports any UTF-8 language!
- Documentation Guide to walk you through how to translate
- Built on CodeIgniter 3.1.9
- Built on Bootstrap 3.3.4
- Translation Ready
- Requires PHP 5.4+ and a MySQL database. PHP7 Compatible.
- Supports MySQL, Mysqli and PDO drivers.
- Supports SMTP Email, PHP Mail()
Current Implemented Languages
- You can add your own translation of the system by translating the language files (Simple to do- Documentation guide available).
English Version 1.0)
Would you like to contribute your language files for others to use (including updated/new)? If so, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happily give credit to your site/company in our Documentation files both offline and online.
If you’re updating from a previous version, follow our update instructions here.
Version 1.0 – 09/08/2018
Created by Patchesoft